Contributions to World Peace by Jyotish Samrat Shri Lachhman Das Madan
The title of Jyotish Samrat was bequeathed on Shri Lachhman Das Madan by Honourable Shri Gyani Zail Singh Ji, the then President of India on 9th December 1989.
Shri L D Madan was born on 6th September 1924 in Dera Ismail Khan, a city in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province in Pakistan (then North West Frontier Province of India). Government records show his date of birth at 9th April 1925. DI Khan as the city is often called is situated on the west bank of the Indus River. In 1924 and until 1947, when India and Pakistan split as two separate nations, DI Khan hosted a mixed population of Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs living harmoniously together. The family was strictly vegetarian and had been practicing astrology for generations prior to his birth. He was married in 1942 and moved to Delhi with his young wife soon thereafter to work for the Central Government. He worked hard, added many university degrees to his credits and passed many qualifying examinations in the Public Service during the years to rise through the ranks of Government bureaucracy. He took early retirement from a Public Undertaking as General Manager in 1980 to dedicate himself to the publication of Babaji a monthly magazine on astrology and religion. The promotion of astrology as a science and prayers to seek guidance has remained his passions throughout his adult life. To maintain and support his young family he also started a highly successful engineering fabrication business after his retirement at the same time. He also began contributing astrological articles and weekly forecasts in many prominent National newspapers and weekly magazines such as Hindustan Times, Times of India and Illustrated Weekly. These publications gave him a National profile and an avid readership and following.
We have witnessed Shri Madan’s march to where he stands today at the age of 92, at the pinnacle of achievements spanning over a life time of dedication, lauded and honoured by peak bodies in the discipline of astrology. His life has been celebrated by dignitaries and statesmen from around the world including Presidents and prominent leaders since when he first published a small book on Astrological Study of India in 1969. His book then predicted the downfall of the Government of Shrimati Indira Gandhi in 1977. He made many other key forecasts all of which have continued to come true and enlarged his influence and respect for the science. He assiduously avoided the path of “predictions for payments” to maintain his independence and sense of obligation first and foremost to the divine and secondly the recognition of astrology as a science. For years he ran a free service of astrological readings on Saturday afternoons when the ordinary man in the street and the highest political or business leader in the country would each be welcome to consult him on first come first serve basis.
Buoyed by his successes from 1969 to 1977, he had made a casual observation to me about his own life “the stars in my own chart is a rare combination to serve mankind through astrology that occurs once in a thousand years and I must work hard without distractions to fulfill that destiny”. He worked hard not just to fulfill that destiny but also to attain a degree of purity through daily prayers that gave him a sense of deep abidance in man’s ability to alter the course of his or her own destiny through prayers. He would often say that we have all been given that choice to make amends and write our own destiny as we go along and that life is not just a fatalistic play of the inevitable. Watching his achievements in awe, we recount here his commitment to excellence and the establishment of Astrology as a science, his deep love and dedication to the nation (India) and some of his most startling and impressive predictions that he continued to publish with the hope that people would take note and work to finesse the art of predictive astrology and also the art of prayers to mitigate the negative aspects of planets and their combinations.
Establishing Astrology as a Science
Shri L D Madan started the publication of “Baba Ji” a monthly magazine in Astrology and Religion from January, 1981 in English. In 1992, he expanded this to include a monthly Hindi version, which became even more popular. He continued this until 2014 when at the age of 92, he lost eyesight in one eye and later lost 50% eyesight in the other eye also through a combination of diabetes, old age and glaucoma. Even today, he continues to make predictions and publish them on the web every now and then.
He prays incessantly for the welfare of India, its people and the mankind. “Bharat Mata Ki Jai”, “Bharat Ke Kisano Ki Jai” “Bharat Ke Jwano Ki Jai” (Glory to Mother India, Glory to the Peasants of India and Glory to the Armed Forces of India) are his clarion calls every day. He prayed for the victory of India, every time soldiers were called upon to defend the country and its borders. Most notably he spent hours, sometimes all night prayer vigils during the Kargil conflict with Pakistan in 1999, recalls Yashpalji, then Chief Executive Officer of Global Finance Corporation in New Delhi.
An ardent devotee of Hanumanji and Divine Mother and in recent years of Lord Ganesha, these days Shri Madan constantly recites the mantra to Lord Ganesha “Jai Ganesh, Jai Ganesh, Jai Ganesh Deva, Mata Jaki Parvati Pita Mahadeva”. The mantra has become his companion, his heart and soul, in remembrance of God for all calamities facing mankind and the people around him.
In April, 1990 his predictions for the next twenty years from 1990 to 2010 was published. This book included among others the Gujarat earthquake, Iraq war, assassination of Rajiv Gandhi and the setback to communism in Russia.
In the 100th Volume of the “Baba Ji” (Hindi) released on 19th April, 2003, predictions for India for one hundred years were made which are continued to be watched by not just his avid followers and readers of his magazines but also keen students of Astrology.
Shri Madan wrote a book on “Predicting Earthquakes and Calamities” in 2003. He predicted 162 earthquakes and calamities that were expected to occur in the following 10 years in various countries of the world. This book was released by Dr. Murli Manohar Joshi, then Minister of Human Resource Development on 1st August, 2003 during a seminar on “Predicting Earthquakes and Calamities” organized by the Astrology Study & Research Institute. The seminar was attended by leading astrologers, scientists, geologists, seismologists from all over India besides representatives of several countries of the world including Russia. The seminar was focused on predictive astrology to serve welfare of mankind and save it from such calamities through monitoring and preventative actions.
It has been a huge challenge to promote astrology in the age of science and technology where the underlying principles that may at best be termed as mystical revelations pulled together as astrological hypotheses and aphorisms through the ages on the basis of validity established through empirical observations.
Why the speed of light is a constant and why that figure, and why the Avogadros constant in chemistry is what it is? These just are. And so are many principles that make up the foundations of various sciences including astrology.
Some Memorable Predictions
Below we summarize some of Shri Madan’s startling predictions.
· Fall of the Indira Gandhi Government in 1977
· Attempt on the life of Anwar Sadat (then President of Egypt) communicated by registered post to the Embassy of Egypt in New Delhi much in advance of that event. Anwar Sadat was subsequently assassinated on 6th October 1981.
· The death and fall of communism at the death of Andropov, then General Secretary of USSR (also communicated to Soviet Embassy through post). Accurately predicted the turmoil in Russia from 1984 to 2000 and the rise of a person with dictatorial tendencies in 2000 (Putin). This study of USSR and Russia has been one of the most startling catalogue of events regularly predicted through the pages of his monthly magazine Baba Ji.
· Bihar Train Disaster in June 1981 in which 800 people died was predicted with uncanny accuracy of the timing of its occurrence.
· The same uncanny accuracy of timing was evident in his prediction of the Gujarat Earthquake on 26th January 2001, which occurred at the dot of predicted time.
· Falklands War between the UK and Argentina in 1982 was accurately predicted month or so in advance in bold headlines without naming both countries involved but accurately predicting the region in which the war would take place.
· The assassination of Shri Rajiv Gandhi in 1991, then Prime Minister of India
· The rise of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee as a national leader.
· The Formation of NDA Government I n 1998 with Shri Vajpayee as the Prime Minister of India.
· The massive ESSO Longford gas explosion in Victoria, Australia in 1998.
· The devastation caused by the attack on the World Trade Centre on 11 September 2001 (the 9/11) predicted, in bold large fonts on the first page of Baba Ji, 10 days before the event was his most audacious and startling prediction wherein he predicted the rise of youth most likely from the Middle East to usher an era of decline in the power of the USA as a world power.
· The assumption of Prime Minister ship by Shri Manmohan Singh then in 2004 when Shri Madan went on the National TV to proclaim that neither Shrimati Sonia Gandhi nor Shri Atal Bihari Vajapayee but an un known third person will become the Prime Minister of India.
· The 2004 Tusnami in Indonesia,
· The 2011, Fukushima nuclear disaster of Japan,
· The devastating climatic changes world-wide including droughts including devastating bush fires in Australia
· The rise of Narendra Modi particularly his success as a national phenomenon after Saturn moved to a new house in his chart in January 2017.
All these and many more were predicted with uncanny accuracy. These are testimonies of not intuitive revelations but of deep analyses using principles established a long time ago and his intense focus and passion that Astrology has been to him all his life.
Astrology has been shown to be not a hoodoo irrational blabbering by some people in trance or commercial charlatans to hoodwink innocent people but a well-practiced science based on empirically derived rules and hypothesis some of which he has himself perfected and passed on to students of Astrology through his magazines and coaching sessions in Astrological Research Institute he founded.
We are seeking to celebrate and honour the life of not just a scientist at the top of his peers but a deeply religious person to whom life is not just destiny and a fatalistic combination of stars but a possibility to make amends and reparations and cast a new future through prayers and hard work.
His deep sense of such prayers has knowingly and also invisibly helped thousands of men and women around him.
He has in the past represented India as a delegate to the World Council of Religions for Peace.
He continues to pray for peace and prosperity in complete disregard to his own health and comfort at the age of 92. Presently he suffers from occasional loss of memory but he rarely forgets his mantras, his prayers and his best wishes for India, its peasants and its armed forces.
In 2016 he made a prediction about violent events of man against man occurring in 2018 -19 initially starting and exploding in Turkey, thereafter spreading through the Middle East with deep impact throughout the world. He continues to pray for peace and happiness all around.
In coming months he sees serious violence escalating in Yemen and fresh violence erupting again in Libya. It will not be good for the local population and the financial markets are likely to suffer
He also forecasts an unprecedented era of peace and prosperity (Ram Rajya) in the world commencing three years from now for which a process of spiritual awakening world wide has, according to him, already begun to sprout.
His mantra for peace remains “ Jai Ganesh, Jai Ganesh, Jai Ganesh Deva, Mata Jaki Parvati Pita Mahadeva”.